There are many benefits to installing auto tint on your car windows, which is why so many people consider auto tinting installation. However, in order to have a good tint result you want to ensure that you consider the tips below.
First, let’s discuss some of the benefits to auto tinting. Tinting your car windows will reduce the amount of sunlight that accesses your car’s interior, which will:
- Reduce the amount of heat in your car – great if you don’t have air conditioning. Even if you do have air, you can reduce the amount of energy and gas you are using by needing to use your air conditioning less
- Protect your interior – especially great for cars with leather interiors, a window tint will help protect the interior from fading caused by sunlight
- Accommodate people with medical considerations – there are some medical conditions in which avoiding the sun is important. In such cases, auto tinting will certainly help
The benefits to auto tinting are numerous, however before you go ahead and purchase window tinting for your car you need to consider these four tips:
Avoid Do-It-Yourself Auto Tint Products
Sure, a do-it-yourself product will be cheaper than having a window tint installed by a professional, but it never looks as good as a professional’s work and also it:
- Doesn’t come with a warranty
- Often develops cracks or air bubbles which can’t be fixed
- Can be scratched off
- Isn’t a quality film, which means it won’t last
Auto tinting is a permanent application which can’t be easily removed, so don’t mess around with do-it-yourself products, go to a professional who will offer a quality product and guarantee their work.
Ensure Auto Tinting is Legal in Your Area
Before you go ahead and purchase window tinting ensure that it is legal in your area. Some provinces and states don’t allow auto tinting, or have restrictions on which windows in the vehicle can be tinted. Before you waste your money do your research and avoid a run-in with the law.
What Percentage of Light Should Come Through Your Window?
Again, certain provinces and states have placed regulations on the percentage of light that can pass through windows, so ensure that the window tint you choose follows the legal restrictions and regulations in your area. Also, consider that if the window tint you choose is too dark, it may reduce visibility at night, which can be dangerous.
What Type of Tint Should You Get?
You will need to decide whether you’d like a darkening, reflective or coloured tint for your vehicle. Each type of tint will have a different look, so you should take the colour, make and model of your car into consideration when you make your decision. An auto tinting professional will be able to advise you and help you make an informed decision.
Auto-Edge Appearance Centre offers auto tint, rust proofing and paint protection services for your vehicle. Contact them today to request a quote or learn more about the benefits of window tinting for your vehicle.